Thursday 2 August 2012

Holo French Manicure

I have another holographic to show you today!

This one I bought a while back on a trip to Livingston and the Bodycare shop. It was only £1.99 so I didn't have high hopes, but I thought it would be worth a try.

On a side note, a Bodycare shop opened up in my city a few weeks ago and I bought some other Technic polishes. One of them is completely fine but the other one smells like really strong sewage, I'm not even joking! I have no idea if its the formula for that colour or if there is something wrong with my bottle but its terrible! I'm really tempted to take it back to the shop just to see the shop assistants face when they smell it! Haha, safe to say I wont be using that polish!

Anyway, onto my nails.


Without top coat
Without top coat
Without top coat

I applied Rimmel base and two coats of Technic's nameless holographic. I was pleasantly surprised! The holographic is really quite visible, even indoors. Definitely better than what I was expecting! The formula is quite thick as well, so two coats was all I needed. My Catherine Arley holo either has to be layered over silver polish or you need quite a few coats for full coverage.


With stamping and top coat
With stamping and top coat
 

I then decided to add a little stamping. I used Konad plate M19 and Konad black Special  Polish to create a French tip design and added a Rimmel top coat. This was my first time using this plate and I had heard that it is one of the hardest plates to use due to positioning and ensuring there is enough polish filling the design. I didn't find it that much of a problem, and I think my positioning was alright for a first try.

Another plus with this polish is that a top coat didn't ruin the holographic at all! And I know how much of a problem that is with more expensive holos. The only problem is getting a good photo of the holo-y goodness! So all in all I'm pretty impressed with my little bargain.

Thanks for reading!


2 comments: